Monday, May 2, 2011

Manic Monday!!


As I always do on Monday mornings I am linking up with Ashley at Life As I Know It for Manic Monday, a great way to recap what we did this weekend!!

Friday night Eric was working late, so I enjoyed a quiet night in, reading and worked on making some jewelry.

Saturday morning, we headed up to London for a quick appointment, and then stopped in the hospital to see my Grandma, whose is been in the hospital for over a week now. She was sleeping so we didn't get much of a visit, but I feel better after seeing her. Hopefully they spring her out of there soon, she's getting restless, but on the other hand, she's getting much needed medical attention, so it's kind of a double edged sword. Then we went to Costco, we were running low on chicken and milk and that's my go to place for those things. So, as usual $295.00 later our truck was full of goodies. We got our chicken and various other groceries, I got a new spring jacket (the zipper went out of my old new one last year at the end of the season so I had to return it), we got Hannah one of these bad boys:

It was a great prive $47.99, and Hannah LOVES it. Eric set it up on our deck once we got home and Hannah played with it as soon as she got up from her nap. Eric and I got to work outside on Saturday (it was a beautiful day here in Ontario - which it had pretty much rained for a week straight so we had been looking forward to Saturday's forecast). So, Eric and I were working in the side garden outside while Hannah was napping inside (we had the baby monitor with us), and I just said to Eric "Someone's awake", as I could hear her on the monitor, and we looked up and this is what we saw....


The little bum had climbed on her chair, pulled back the curtains, lifted the blinds and was screaming "Mommy, OUTSIDE", it was soo funny, and I had just been taking pics with the camera of our dog kennel, to post an add on Kijiji to sell it, so I did what any mom would do and snapped photos (and then dashed in the house to get her down...). We BBQ'd a nice dinner steak dinner on Saturday night, and then it was early to bed for Hannah, as she was a bear. I decided to have a nice relaxing bath, and watched the movie Eat Pray Love (more on that later once I have finished posting my reviews of the book).

Sunday morning we decided to go shopping to finish the list for our insurance claim (that was started back November - when our basement flooded see this post). We got most of the stuff crossed off our list, and so hopefully I can submit that later this week. I also managed to get myself a shower curtain for the main floor bathroom (I was asking for opinions in this post, again more on that as more details emerge - like paint color selection etc). Then we headed to Mike and Ash's for a delicious rib dinner, that may have included Hannah torturing their cats. But the cats took it like champs. It was a lot of fun. Then home to bath Hannah, and some laundry folding and R&R for mom and dad. (On a side note I was enjoying my favorite Sunday night show "Brother's and Sisters", and it was pre-empted for the news of Osama's death and it never came back on). So I went to bed and read for a bit.

How was your weekend? Stay tuned later this afternoon for my very first 30 Day Challenge blog post!!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin