Wednesday, May 18, 2011

So Excited to Be Bringing Home One of These!! WILW!!

So, it's official!!! We are the proud new owners of one of these bad boys (err... non-gas guzzlers)

Yep!! A 2010, brand new Dodge Journey SXT!! Yah I know it's a 2010, but its brand new it didn't even have 100km on it!! It is soo gorgeous, and roomy, and way more fuel efficient than our 2006 Nissan Titan (holy gas - we are spending $200/ week on gas, so I won't be missing that). My hubby is going to miss having a truck, but the reality of it is, our lifestyle no longer requires us to have one, we need less room in the box and more room in the cab). Having the truck was wonderful for all the renos we did to our last house, but, for this house, we really aren't going to be drywalling anything. We may need a truck here and there to pick up wood to build a fence, but for a small $50.00 delivery charge I'm sure they can deliver it rather then us spending $200 per week on gas.

We are thrilled to be picking up our new Dodge Journey tonight. We have been looking for a vehicle for a while, ours was just costing way too much unnecessary money, and was going to need some money to be put into it in the near future with needing new tires and what-not. The downside of selling it was it was paid off, but we got a sweet trade in for it, and got an amazing deal on the Dodge Journey (cuz it was a 2010), so we took a chance.

Now for a little bit about the new vehicle. The part that excites me the most (besides all the ingenious storage in the floors and seats, and the fold down third row of seating) is that it has a SUNROOF. Yep, who knew I'm a sucker for a sunroof. I LOVE it, all this time, I never knew how much I love sunroofs. I literally felt my mood brighten when I got in any vehicle with a sunroof. Crazy I know, but true. It is Inferno Red, which I could have done without but, it is just a vehicle and the color really doesn't matter, as I reminded my hubbie over and over upon looking at other vehicles that he nixed due to the color. I was all about the budget when we were car shopping. I knew what I wanted to pay, and I knew what I wanted to get for our truck. The Journey also comes with some kind of a touchscreen radio, and a dvd player for Hannah (which we already had a portable one in the truck, so it wasn't a huge selling feature). It has dual climate control, which will be super nice since Eric and I often argue about the temperature settings (my feet are always cold). It also has the back up camera thing in the dash so you can look behind you when you back up, our current truck just had back up beepers, that beeped when you got close to something, so that will be something to get used to.

So, as I am sure you can tell, we are very excited about our new purchase!! I'll try and take some pictures tonight after we pick it up!!

And, it should also come as no surprise that, my What I am Loving Wednesdays, is primarily centered around our big purchase.

So. if you read any of the above, you would know that I am loving our new car, and saying bye bye to skyrocketing fuel bills.

I am also loving that we may have found a screen door solution for our front door, which will make me very happy. I love having the doors open but our house didn't come with a screen door, and its complicated, so we can't just go out and buy any screen door... hence we've been looking for a year now..)

I'm loving our new range hood, what am I saying I'm just loving HAVING a working range hood. My windows don't get all fogged up when I boil potatoes.

I'm loving that this weekend is May 2-4, so we are going to have a weekend filled with time spent with good friends, and in keeping positive, Hannah will be good.

I'm loving that I have 38 followers, I'm thinking I should be hosting a giveaway, for when I hit the Big 5-0. Stay tuned for details on that...

Hope everyone's having as great of day as me!!

Amy


Amy

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new car. My best friend drives an Journey and she loves it!! I love having a sun roof!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty new car! Yay for better gas mileage!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new car! Congrats! :)

    Also, I saw what you're reading, and I just loved The Rescue. Great book!

    Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new car! Great things you are loving today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new car! I bought our 2005 less then a year ago (though close now) and I honestly can't wait until we buy another car. I'm sure that won't be more then a year, maybe two, away since our 2000 isn't going to last forever. I love buying and driving new-to-me cars! I'm already dreaming about what I'd want next.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin