Thursday, April 14, 2011

Design Dilemma!! After Pics of Main Floor Bathroom

So, here are the after pics of the main floor bathroom (after the vanity was transformed by Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations - you can read about how we did it here). You'll remember the vanity looked like this before:

(complete with the ugly brass and porcelain handles - ugh...)

And now it looks like this:


BUT.... now I HAVE to paint the bathroom. That's not totally a terrible thing I always intended to paint it because the whole house was pretty much painted this same color (which I LOVE in my great room, but HATED in my bathrooms, as it is really golden looking in some lights and even depressing in no light - natural that is as my main floor bathroom doesn't have a window). But I was hoping to not have to paint for a little while longer, but I fear the color clashing we have going on in there drives me nuts everytime I go in there, and I spend a fair bit of time in there trying to potty train a two year old (more on that one some other time...) and bath nights.

It seems the expresso color of the cabinet, really highlights the blue color of the countertop (which I'm not in love with either but am not redoing), and makes the wall color look totally out of place (the old cabinets were golden oak so I guess that's where they got there design sense from when picking paint colors???). See for yourself...

I'm not totally minding the blue, I don't love it, but it's workable...

See how horrible it all looks together... way to yellowy-dingy looking for my taste....

A further complication, my flooring, matches ok with the counter, but not with the direction I'd love to go with in here...

The shower curtain I love, but it's gonna hafta go too...

See how yellowey (is that even a word??) that it is.... 

Happy accident, bath rug, piece of inspiration for new paint color.... it's a lot fresher blue in real life, excuse my photography skills (or lack there-of)
So, where the design goes in my mind is that I paint the bathroom the fresh pale blue shade of the above bathmat, that goes really well with the counters and looks awesome up against the dark cabinets, and goes with the floor as well, and find a new shower curtain. So please help me shop for a shower curtain...

Right now I am loving this one, but I don't think it meshes well with the floor, looks great with the cabinet and the rug, but not the flooring....



Found on overstock.com


And I am really liking this one I found on Bed Bath and Beyond... it resembles my current one....l

This one's kinda cute, but it is my main floor bath that any guests use as well so it might be too juvenile...

What are your opinions? Which one do you like best? Any other ideas or suggestions on what I can do with my design dilemma? Your input is greatly valued....

Thanks

Amy

2 comments:

  1. I would go with a taupey-gray paint, not blue. You can add blue in accessories if you want. Its way easier to change than paint. The cabinets look great by the way. Stumbled upon your cute blog from Paisley Passions. How apropos--I just posted about my cabinet vanity dilemmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the shower curtain from BB&B!! Great job on your cabinets, totally transforms the look & feel of that space, even before paint & a shower curtain!! : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin