Monday, March 28, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend

WOW!! What a whirlwind weekend. Man oh man, does it feel good to sit down and write this post!! My living room resembles it's pre-friday self (still needs to be vacuumed and has a few misplaced items but I can breathy in here). But I am very proud to say WE DID IT!!! We unfurnished, uncarpeted, layed flooring, installed three closet organizing systems, refurnished not one, but two bedrooms this weekend. You saw the before pics, to see just how disastrous those closets were and I cannot be prouder of the results. The floors look amazing, and my hubby did an amazing job. I am proud to say I decluttered the master closet (featured here in all it's chaotic glory), and got rid of 5 green garbage bags of clothing (well donated them to Canadian Diabetes Association). And put two entire bins of Hannah's clothes that she has outgrown into storage totes to be stored in our basement. So, once I have had the chance to dust and vacuum the bedroom (hopefully in a few hours then you will be able to feast your eyes on some pretty amazing after pics. Seeing how good the floors look has made us super excited to see how the floors are going to look in our living room (to be installed in just two short weekends).

Hannah was a trooper this weekend, she exclaimed that our living room was "messy", and I would say that was a HUGE understatement.... and once the floors were done she told her daddy (aka the installer), "that's nice"..... you can't get a better compliment then the two year old critic laying on the floor rubbing it with her hands and telling you "that's nice". So cute. However, I don't think I will ever take on a reno without help coming in to watch her, as it was horrible trying to keep track of her and help my hubby. So thankfully my mom will be down the next few weekends to keep track of her....

So Check back later for the after pics, I hope to get them up tonight!! For now I'll be crossing things off my spring reno list - found here!!

P.S. - Congrat's to Alison for winning on our Handmade by Emmie Mae's pieces of jewelry!! (Check here to see how she did it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin