Friday, April 8, 2011

Before Pics - Kitchen Cabinets and Vanities

Ok, so here are the before pics of my kitchen. We are going to use Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations on them this weekend and transform them into cabinetry that looks nice. Our decision to do this came rather easy. Our house is only 4 years old, and the cabinets are in good working order (albeit I would love to have an Ikea kitchen again as I miss my pull out drawers) but these kitchen cupboards leave much to be desired.... like space.... they way the shelves are spaced is not what I would consider ideal, however, I would like to rehaul our entire kitchen once we are done with childlocks, and don't need to worry about little heads getting banged on the corner of my coveted granite counters (because why redo the kitchen without that little upgrade - lol). So check back Tuesday for our after pics, we have our whole weekend scheduled around the painting procedure, which I will detail Monday. We are tackling our kitchen cupboards(adding molding on the bottom of the cabinets to hide our under cabinet lighting we purchased and replacing the handles with the stainless steel ones pictured here, two bathroom vanities(and replacing the handles), our freestanding pantry, an entire bedroom set(huge headboard set and two armoire dressers) and two wooden chests (pending that we have enough to cover it all). So here are the before pics....
Sorry about the angle... the only way to get in the whole kitchen was this far back....like I've said before totally not a photographer....







Main Floor Bathroom Cabinet (already taped off...)


Master Bathroom Cabinet....bye bye ugly handles....

So, be sure to check back on Monday for the breakdown of how the weekend went down, and my review of how this product works, and then on Tuesday for pics of the finished product!! I'm sooo excited to start, and more importantly be done ....

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

Amy

3 comments:

  1. Your kitchen looks fantastic, I did my master bath with the same color/kit from Rust-oleum and love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed that you have an open area space... Your kitchen is near your living room, right? Why don't you try putting a divider between both areas. Although the smell of food will surely be inviting, the cook will still have a little privacy while he or she is cooking. ;)

    Kalona Mincey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! Nice theme and all kitchen ideas is so amazed. I really like cabinet and steel chairs, All pictures give us unique ideas.Kitchen remodeling Austin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin