Friday, April 1, 2011

Five Question Fridays!!

This week I decided to link up with Five Crooked Halos and her Five Question Fridays


1. Have you ever had surgery?
2. Ever ride in an ambulance?
3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?
4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?
5. When did you move out of your parents house?
And the answers are :

1. Have you ever had surgery?
  • yep, several times, about once every two years (until I was 14) when I was a little girl (starting when I was two) because when I was born the Dr put the I.V in my left hand and severed the tendon, so I have limited use of my left hand, as the attempted to do several surgeries to correct it, but I developed a connective tissue disorder (I proliferate scar tissue), so they would do surgery just to try and remove the excess scar tissue and free up the tendons (unsuccessfully).
  • I also had to have a c-section when Hannah was born, we are just waiting to see how that has affected my future fertility potential (as we know I have a problem with scar tissue) 
2. Ever ride in an ambulance?
  • yep quite a few times, I had my first ambulance ride from one hospital to another on the night that I was injured at work, the required me to be seen by more specialized neurosurgeons so they had to transfer me to a hospital in a bigger city
  • since my injury I have rode in the ambulance three different times after passing out at various inconvenient locations, the good part is that I am usually unconscious so I don't remember much of the ride
3. How are you in a medical emergency? Panicked? Calm?
  • that depends, is the emergency happening to me? if it is then I am calm as long as I am unconscious, but if I am conscious and you are trying to give me a needle it ain't pretty
  • if the medical emergency is happening to someone else, especially someone I love I am very anxious, I just want the person to be ok, with my hubby being on the fire department a lot of the time he is responding to a call I am in the car with him (as we would be out and about doing errands) and he can get called at any moment, and I am always thinking of the people's families, and how upsetting of a day this is going to be for them, as most of the time, they aren't even yet aware of the accident

4. Do you have a garden? Flowers or veggies?
  • my house came landscaped, that said, it needed some work, so this past summer we put in a nice brick retaining wall in the front garden and a gorgeous weeping cherry tree, and this year I have bought some peonies(my grandma's favorite flower - and I love them soo much they remind me of her) to plant out front, and we are going to put in some dark mulch as opposed to the red mulch we already have (again came with the house)
  • I also plan on planting a small veggie garden in my backyard this year, it's already set up for it, I just need to get some good topsoil to top it up, I plan to plant cherry tomatoes and strawberries (Hannah's favorite's)

5. When did you move out of your parents house?
  • I moved out when I was 19 my first year of university
So head on over to Five Crooked Halo's and play along!! Have a great weekend!!!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin