Friday, April 1, 2011

Before Pics - Great Room

So we are gearing up for our flooring installation this weekend throughout the hallway and the great room (which encompasses the family room and dining room). Right now we have a combination of carpet and laminate flooring, and I can't wait to have it all match our recently redone master bedroom and Hannah's room (which you can read about here). So here are the before shots:

This is shot standing in the kitchen looking into the great room....

Again standing in the kitchen looking at the pantry door and down the hallway to the bedrooms



Our fireplace (and Hannah's toy bin....)

The china cabinet I am not looking forward to emptying

The hallway leading to the bedrooms, why they carpeted it I'll never know, as the first door on the left hand side in the main floor bathroom.... then the linen closet....

BYE BYE CARPET.....

Standing at the window looking at the front door....

Standing at the fireplace looking at the dining area....

Dining area again...

Dining area again leading out to our deck and patio (Lucky suntanning)


Standing at the fireplace looking towards the kitchen (can't wait to Rustoleum those cabinets next weekend)



So, those are my before pics, check back Monday for the afters, I am soo thrilled for this renovation. It's going to look amazing.

So our plans for this weekend are as following:
  • Tonight my mom is coming to watch Hannah (and Eric is working afternoons) so I will be painting all the quarter round in the garage
  • Tonight I will also be emptying the china cabinet
  • Tonight I will also be emptying the pantry, which the before pic is super-scary and I'm not sure I'm ready to share it... you saw my other closets.... but on the upside, we are looking into getting a better organized system for in there as well (to be installed hopefully Sunday)
  • Saturday morning, Mike and Ash are coming over to help remove the flooring and the furniture
  • Eric starts the flooring and hopefully completes it all on Saturday
  • Sunday install quarter round and go to Home Depot to get shelving for the pantry
So that's my weekend in a nutshell, it's going to look a lot like last weekend in here, disastrous, but it is soo worth it!! Hope everyone has a great weekend and check back Monday for the After pics!!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin