Monday, April 18, 2011

Manic Mondays and Meet Me on Monday!!

I'm doing two bloghops this week. Starting first with Meet Me on Monday, link up yourself by clicking here and following the instructions....

This weeks Meet Me On Monday questions are:

1.  Caesar Salad or Garden Salad?
-Caesar Salad is my favorite, especially with hard boiled eggs... mhhmm I could eat one right now...

2.  Will you be watching the Royal Wedding on April 29th?
- nope I gotta admit I haven't been following it at all
3.  Last thing you spent lots of money on?
-all our home reno's as of late, not that they were super costly, but that's where our money's been going, stayed tuned for a budget busters post coming in the next week or so
4.  Window seat or aisle seat?
- window seat, because a) I'm flying with a two year old that needs containment b) I like to look out the window

5.  Do you know your blood type?
- O- universal donor....

Now onto my favorite way to recap my weekend, with Manic Mondays a fun bloghop hosted by Ashley at Life As I Know It, head on over here to link up....


So, what happened this weekend around our place... hmmm, lets see.... a whole lotta nothing and it was wonderful. Glorious. After the last three weekends of intense reno's we (well Hannah and I especially R&R'd) we played hours of Mickey, and had tons of fun.

Friday night, Eric worked until 11pm, so I watched the movie Charlie St Cloud, after reading the book, I have to say I liked the book better but the movie was a good adaptation. I wasn't sure how it was going to be but I must admit I really enjoyed it.

Saturday, unfortunately Eric had to work all day (7-3), so Hannah and I just played around the house. It was soo nice spending time with her, but she was definitely missing her Dadda. Eric got off work early, very surprisingly (2:30, but hey every little bit counts), and came home in time to wake Hannah up from her nap. She loved seeing him, it was soo cute. Then Eric set to work in the garage, cleaning it up from last weekend. I had a roast in the slow-cooker, and dinner was smelling delicious, and low and behold, Eric gets a firecall, to a house fire. He will be gone the entire duration of the evening, until 11pm :(. That was sucky, because we were headed over to friends after supper, but luckily they are our neighbours, so Hannah and I still got to go. They had just got their daughter, Hannah's best friend (she is three months older then Hannah), a mini trampoline, and Hannah was loving it. We watched the girls play and watched "The Time Traveller's Wife" movie, which seemed pretty good, but not a great movie to watch when you can't devote your whole attention to it. I'm looking forward to reading the book.

Sunday morning, Eric had to run back to the firehall to gas up the fire trucks from the night before, then we headed into town for groceries. We came home and I worked in the office, gathering our income tax papers (yep we sucks we like to leave it to the last minute...). Then Eric's parents came over for chicken dinner, and we watched the movie, "The Story of Us", such a great movie, I love it everytime I see it.

So, that was my weekend in a nutshell, uneventful and fabulous....

Amy


2 comments:

  1. I love your blog, it is so springy and fun! I am visiting from Meet Me on Monday!

    Sounds like you've had your hands full with the house renovation....We bought a house almost 5 years ago, and have been slowly fixing it up....Luckily we haven't had too many disasters, except for one really bad shade of fuschia paint! :D

    xoxo..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you believe I have never tried a Caesar salad before? Looks like I need to try it at least once :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin