Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Weekend Recap!!

This weekend I had a few goals in mind, and as usually happens life gets in the way. My hubbie worked Saturday which was a beautiful morning Hannah and I got out and went for a nice walk as my laundry dried on the line. It would have been a great day to go for a nice long walk as a family but it was Eric's turn to work this weekend, so we were stuck at home. We pulled some steaks out the night before and I marinated them all day Saturday and we had a nice steak, fried mushrooms and spinach salad supper. Then we had a nice family stroll around our neighbourhood.

Once we got Hannah tucked into bed Eric and I attempted to work on the bead room/ spare bedroom. You see a couple of weeks ago we upgraded our bedroom to a king size bed, and of course that meant getting a whole new bedroom set, so we got that delivered a few weeks ago, and in the meantime all our old bedroom furniture had to go downstairs to the spare bedroom (aka bead room), which was already fully furnished. The room was sooo full you couldn't even move in it. However, we gave some of the furniture to my sister, and so that was gone and now we just had to set up the queen bed and take down the double (which I planned on putting in out storage space. So my hubbie took down the old bed and went to put it in storage and it won't fit where I planned to put it as our storage room is crawl space. So we had to rethink where it was going to go, as I didn't want to get rid of it. Eric came up with the brilliant idea of putting it under the queen size bed, which would work but that meant finding a new home for all of my beads (I have a vast collection all in under the bed storage bins). However Eric pointed out that I now had to new dressers that I could fill with my beads - BRILLIANT - he is a genius (sometimes LOL). So spent an hour moving them over and then he set the bed up. And thats the end of the progress in the bead room. The to - do list in there goes as follows:
  • disassemble the three night stands that are no longer needed but I am keeping
  • make the bed
  • clear off the bead table
Hopefully we will get around to that in the next couple of days.

My goals also included getting Eric to hang up the new decor in our bedroom and I was supposed to find a new home for the "pile" of stuff that was left homeless after the bedroom exchange. Of course my hubbie did his share, but I still need to find a home for that stuff so we will wait another couple of days for the finished product pictures.

We also were starting Hannah on a sippy cup before bed time instead of a bottle, well what a FREAKING NIGHTMARE!!! We thought she would transition smoothly as she was showing signs she was sick of having us rock her to sleep with a bottle (wriggling out of position and trying to yank the bottle away from us, and not wanting to stay still for the duration of the bottle). So we gave it a shot and it was a GINORMOUS FAIL. We decided to transition the sippy exchange with the nuby soft top sippy cups so they are more like a bottle, and to give it to her half an hour before bedtime and out on "The Bear in the Big Blue House" for her to lay on the couch and watch. She did this part of the job splendidly and upon completing her milk, daddy took her to the bedroom and read her a book and put Tad (her lullaby frog) on and tucked her in. All this went totally smoothly, closed the bedroom door, silence no pitter patter of feet, or tossing of blankets....15 mins pass we think we are home free and settle into a relaxing evening.... 15 mins later cue the bloodcurdling screaming. GAS PAIN........ugh damn you ..... give her some Ovul and tuck her back in, leave the room, wait two mins and the screams resume, 2 hours and 5 books later, we give in a make her a bottle and she's out like a light. So we figure she sucked a lot of air when she was drinking her sippy cup and we'll try again tomorrow night. But really I mean what kid wouldn't be sucking a lot of air and managing just fine - she is 20 months old I would think gas pains are a thing of the past - but we could hear the bubbles in her tummy. So we tried again Sunday night, with a hard topped sippy cup, and yet another fail, she ended up screaming again (not as long this time before we gave in and gave her a bottle - this time a cold one not warmed thinking she drank a cold sippy last night). It was soo funny that little girl truly does run our world, she's training us, Eric goes and gets her a bottle and doesn't warm it like usual settles her in his arms to feed her and she spits it out like "what the heck is this crap - I'll take it warm." So we warm it up she takes it no problem and is out for the night!! What a freaking bum!!! So we will try again in another month or so as she is clearly not ready yet.

Hannah also made another super-fun discovery in our neighbourhood over the weekend, and now has a new obsession. We were out for an evening stroll on Sunday night and Hannah is in the stroller freaking out "duck!!! quack!!! quack!!! duck!! quack!!! quack!!!", and pointing frantically at what we assumed what a plastic swan, but as we get closer we discover it is in fact a swan, a live and moving one. So Hannah and I maneuver the mud trail leading back to the pond, and she is screaming so excitedly she duck runs away. Soo funny. So I try to get her back in the stroller and she protests, Eric says "oh just let her down", I am reluctant due the the mud I am having difficulty manoeuvring, however I am also trying to fight her in said mud so I figure "well she's got her rain boots on so what the hell". Well what the hell, she gets stuck in the mud and does a swan dive right into it and it now covered head to freaking toe - ugggggggh and she's not happy - "yucky, Daddy, yucky" she's so adorable - so Eric gets to carry her home as it starts to rain and storm.

So yah that was our weekend in a nutshell, but it was a pretty good one, I didn't get as much accomplished as I would have liked to but I loved spending time with Hannah outside on the beauty of  a weekend we had.

Looking forward to see what this week brings.

A

1 comment:

LinkWithin