Thursday, October 28, 2010

Making Hannah a Headboard

We recently switched Hannah into a big girl bed and the transition has gone fairly smoothly, some nap times are still spent sleeping on the floor (but at least she brings her blanky - lol). The trouble is she doesn't have a headboard for the single bed that we are using (the one my mom gave me was UGLY so we have to improvise. I don't want to spend a ton of money buying a new one because we actually want her to sleep in a double bed, but in the room she is in right now a double bed would be a bit cramped. So I decided the best way to go about a new headboard would be to make one ourselves.

So my best friend and I headed to Fabricland and perused the fabric and I was pretty much decided on one fabric when the fabric of my dreams caught my eye. It was perfect, soft and sweet and would match her quilt perfectly. It wasn't even that pricey $12.06/m. So they cut me my 3 x 5 section, so now all we need to do is get some wood and we can attach the foam and the fabric and we are laughing. Hopefully we can get to that this weekend. I'll post pictures of the material and a before shot tomorrow ( I tried to take them today and my stinkin' camera battery died.

I'm so pleased with my purchase though and I know Hannah will love it, and it will fit right into here room. So stay tuned for tomorrow post complete with pictures, and if anyone has any tips on how to make an upholstered headboard I'd love to hear them. Thanks

A

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin